Wednesday, October 10, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day 2

2. Something I feel strongly about.

As I sit here holding my daughter, watching her smile in her sleep (part of me wishing I was still in bed myself) I know, I KNOW my answer to this one. Kids. Protecting them. Teaching them. Giving them a chance. It's why I do what I do. Especially with those kids who have been written off as the troublemakers or as retarded (I hate that word). They just need someone to believe in them, to look at them with fresh, clean, unjudging eyes and help them find value in themselves. My heart aches for the 7 year old talking about suicide (it happens, don't think it doesn't) or the teenager tired of raising her mother, embarrassed to bring the few friends she has to the house. Or the kid too afraid to show any emotion because adoptive mother might leave too... That's what I feel strongly about. Find their strengths and build on that. Give them hope. Teach them to love themselves.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you are doing these!!!! Yay for you!!!!! And this answer does not surprise me one iota! It is who you are and why you do what you do. It is part of your DNA and I am proud that you are my niece!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am prouder than words can say that you are my daughter! Love you scads and scadders.

    ReplyDelete