Tuesday, October 30, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 17


Something I am proud of.

Oh this is easy. Punky. She's not even one yet, but I am more proud of her than I think anything else in the world. She's so innocent (and freaking adorable to boot!), it's hard NOT to be proud. She gets this look on her face when she's figured out something new- "did ya see that Ma?!" And that "are you watching? In about 3 seconds I'm gonna start speed crawling for the stairs..." look. Makes my heart swell! I'm sure there will be moments when I'm not so proud of her- although at this moment I can't imagine one- but on a whole, she is my pride and joy.

The huz makes me proud too. I know he'd much rather be a beach bum or a couch potato. And "what if" we win the lottery...well, then I know he's quitting his job straightaway. But even though he'd rather be sleeping in and chilling at home with the kiddo, he gets up and works hard at his job. He takes personal pride in the way he does his job. If he can't do it right, he doesn't want to do it. Makes for some late nights when he doesn't want to leave a job until everything is the way it is supposed to be, but that's part of what makes him, him. He'd be embarrassed by me calling him out like this, so it's a good thing he doesn't like to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment