Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Guilty pleasure

So I had nine books that I had started reading in variously places around my house and office. Most I was actively reading. One or two I haven't picked up in a while... But nine is too many. So I decided to finish the one I had started most recently. I hadn't intended to start a ninth book. I really hadn't. I'd packed up Ma's NOOKcolor to return it to her after she graciously loaned it to me to try. But then she told me she'd bought a new NOOK book and that I would likely want to read it before returning said NOOKcolor. And read it I did!

When I was growing up, I remember switching from Sesame Street to a soap opera. I watched it on and off for years with Ma. So of course I had to read the memoirs of one of the soap stars, even though it has been years since I've caught an episode! I read this guilty pleasure book about my long lost guilty pleasure soap opera watching days. And I enjoyed it!

Check out "Not Young, Still Restless" by Jeanne Cooper. Or watch her on "The Young and the Restless."

1 comment:

  1. OK OK now I have to start it!! Since it's also on my iPad thanks to the NOOK app, I can read it even if you still have my NOOK.

    ReplyDelete