Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bargain

Before my trip I decided to treat myself. To a new NOOKbook. I know, I know. I currently have eight books in progress and 30+ sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. But I wanted something good. Something non-clinical. Something different. I planned to spend a whole day reading on my mini vacay. So I splurged. I spent $5.00 and purchased the first book in a trilogy I've been meaning to read for months. The first book is already a movie (on DVD!) if that tells you how behind I am in my popular literature reading. I thought about purchasing books two and three for $5.99 apiece. But I didn't. What if I didn't like the book?! Wouldn't you know the very day I downloaded the book onto my NOOK, the huz happens to rent the movie from redbox! Now I have a dilemma- watch the movie before reading the book or tell the huz I refuse to watch what he picked out for us...

Watch it I did. And it only made me want to read the book more! So one day after everyone else on the trip headed out, I curled up with my NOOK and started reading. I read and read all day. Then people returned to the cabin and I put it away, already halfway through- and totally hooked! After returning home, I spent two evenings finishing the book. I just looked into purchasing book two... It now costs $9.99! So perhaps I will be borrowing the second and third...

Not since Harry have I felt so attached to the characters of the book. Even with the predictably obvious outcome, I couldn't get enough. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins receives a six on my arbitrary and completely meaningless rating scale. Check it out if you haven't. And go ahead and buy all three so you don't miss out on the bargain price!

No comments:

Post a Comment