Friday, December 28, 2012

Giving up

I can count on one hand the number of books I have failed to finish in the last 5 years. Books that are award winning or by authors I like or that people I know recommend.

The Life of Pi. I started it three different times. I don't remember how far I got, but it couldn't have been more than 50 pages. I gave up. Now I see it is a movie. And I'm debating whether or not to rent it when it hits DVD. Will I turn it off half an hour in or will I finally understand the hype around the story?

Only Revolutions. I think I've started this one two or three times as well. I loved a previous book by this author but for some reason just can't get into this one. It still sits on my shelf and I have hopes that one day I'll be able to read it in entirety.

And my most recent failure: How Starbucks Saved my Life. Sigh. I want to like it. I want to read it, but after a few pages I'm bored with it. Maybe because it's non fiction and I'm more of a fiction lady... I'm going to give this one another go before I call it quits for good on this one.









No comments:

Post a Comment