Sunday, September 9, 2012

9 of 10

I admit, I skipped a little bit in this one, but by the time I realized how this book was set up, the parts I skipped were no longer relevant. Normally, when I read a book, I read the whole book...

What to Expect the First Year (Eisenberg, Murkoff, and Hathaway) was an informative read. I like the monthly chapters. I did not like that "the first postpartum days" and "surviving the first six weeks" were in section two- hidden behind month 13. Silly me, I didn't know I was supposed to start reading at the beginning AND in the middle at the same time. Plus, silly me got an outdated version for cheap on my favorite website (amazon.com if you were unaware) and later realized a more current version would have been worth the extra pennies. Oh well, live and learn. We've made it through the first 9 1/2 months on outdated information! I decided to read ahead a little bit and finish out the year. I can always go back and look up specifics from month 10, 11, 12 as they occur...

Of course this gets my stamp of approval, but only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment