Saturday, December 14, 2013

A whirlwind... Of pages

I've been reading up a storm. Well, a small storm as there are not many hours in my days available to read.... It appears at first glance that the last book I posted about was back in July. July! Geez oh Pete! Clearly I have to have finished a book or two since then, right?

Indeed, I have. I have read more of the Hannah Swensen series (by Joanne Fluke). Books 2-7 to be exact. And I find they are growing on me. I still find Hannah slightly obnoxious, but I need to pass the time until I get can my hands on the new release of my other Minnesota-based mysteries. I've also been continuing to work my way through Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware series, completing books 13-18. I enjoy these characters, but I think it's time for a little break from them too.

That looks like that's it. 12 books in 5 months. Not too shabby. I'm also caught up in "What to Expect: The Toddler Years." I am due to read another chapter in that until February. 

I read through a backlog of magazines the other day and got those cleared off my shelf. And now I'm reading "Matched." I think this series was popular a year or two ago (let's face it, I'm always behind the trend. Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games. Read them all months [years?] after everyone else!). Anyway, I'm finally getting around to Ally Condie's book. My thought so far- it seems familiar, a lot like "The Giver." But we'll wait and see how the rest of the book unfolds.... I am only 54 pages in afterall.

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy!!! Jess posted a picture of January Thaw on her FB page the other day!!! I am pretty sure I signed up for a Kindle copy already so I need to double check that and make sure. I want it the minute is is available!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just pre-ordered January for my NOOK, which was cheaper than a paperback version! Can't wait!

      Delete