Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday Season

I have posted previously about my excitement this holiday season. But I am aware that not everyone seconds my sentiments. In fact, the holidays can be downright grim for many. I was reminded of this fact during a counseling session with a client a couple weeks ago. And again today as I read today's selection from "Jesus Calling."

"Come to Me with your gaping emptiness, knowing that in Me you are complete. As you rest quietly in My Presence, My Light within you grows brighter and brighter. Facing the emptiness inside you is simply the prelude to being filled with My fullness. Therefore, rejoice on those days when you drag yourself out of bed, feeling sluggish and inadequate. Tell yourself that this is a perfect day to depend on Me in childlike trust. If you persevere in this dependence as you go through the day, you will discover at bedtime that Joy and Peace have become your companions. You may not realize at what point they joined you on your journey, but you will feel the beneficial effects of their presence. The perfect end to such a day is a doxology of gratitude. I am He from whom all blessings flow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment