Thursday, May 30, 2013

So now what?

I got it! My brand new, hot off the press DSM-5 (that's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fifth Edition for all you lay persons). I'm paging through it, trying to familiarize myself with it- having flashbacks of sitting in the back of that classroom in the Learning Center (that's what it was called, right?) at Capital with Dr. Almos apologizing for the cost, but telling us the DSM-IV-TR was the BIBLE for counselors. Think of the hours I spent reading, actually reading that thing. I made flash cards for the different disorders! And I'm kinda wishing that 1) I had the time to sit and really read this thing and 2) Dr. Almos was here to teach me everything I need to know about this shiny new book. I know the changes can't possible be so great that I need an entire semester to learn them, but perhaps I should have taken a continuing education course on the matter.... Guess I'm going to be spending some time with the big blue book...

1 comment:

  1. I think this will be fun...even while the challenge is great. Very fascinating stuff!

    ReplyDelete