Tuesday, February 12, 2013

First Day Report

My first day at the new job was long and a bit overwhelming. I have a whole new language to learn with all the foster care terms and things. But it was also good. I will be helping potential foster parents qualify to be foster parents, matching them up with kids needing homes and then helping everyone through the transition process and to follow through with case plans. Some will go on to adoption, some will be working toward reunification with biological parent(s). I actually did a home visit on my first day. I simply observed, but it was a family that will end up being one of "my" families. I think I am going to end up with 9 families and 15 kids. I will definitely be busy!

I have approximately three weeks of training and then I will be on my own with my families. Yikes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment