Friday, January 4, 2013

The Red House

Sometimes when I like a book I read other books by the same author. I started with "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon. Excellent read. Recommended it to others. Still own a copy. So I tried out another book "A Spot of Bother." This one I didn't really care for. A promptly donated the book. Then I read somewhere that Mr. Haddon had a book call "The Red House" and apparently the article made it sound interesting. Well, Mr. Haddon, I think this is where we part ways.

A story of a family going on vacation, excuse me, on holiday, it is a British story afterall. But I made no connection with the characters. The style of writing didn't hook me. The plot seemed nearly non-existant. What was the point of this book? I'm not sure...just a family on vacation, I suppose. No deeper meaning or message for me.

Curious Incident? Thumbs up. A Spot of Bother? Thumbs down. The Red House? Thumbs neutral.

The Red House

No comments:

Post a Comment