Saturday, January 12, 2013

Heat Wave

Yes, we are experiencing unseasonably warm weather, but that's not the Heat Wave I'm talking about. I'm talking about the book. By the fictitious author Richard Castle. Yes, the Richard Castle of the tv show Castle.

Let's see if you can follow this. The character Richard Castle in the tv show is an author who follows around a homicide detective and she is his muse for a book series. The first book in the fake series is Heat Wave. So someone pretending to be Richard Castle (who, remember, is a tv character) wrote an actual, real book with the same title as the fake book in the tv show. Phew! Did you follow that?!

Once I had reminded myself a couple of times that the characters in the book are BASED on the tv characters and are NOT those characters themselves I could get into the book. I'm reading about Heat, not Beckett. And Rook, not Castle. (Ha! I just got that- the rook IS the castle...)

Anyway. If you happen to be a fan of 1) the show or 2) mysteries then this is a pretty entertaining book and receives a recommendation from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment