Thursday, January 24, 2013

Drumroll Please!

The following is an excerpt from an email to my family. I'm finally able to official and (semi) confidently make the announcement. I was a very difficult decision to make- I do not like change- but hopefully it'll turn out to be a great decision! Thank you, thank you, thank you, to those friends and family I consulted with as I went through the decision-making process, changing my mind over and over...and over again! I do appreciate the insight and support you gave to me and hope I can return it should the need ever arise.

Family-
I know I don't email updates as often as I should. Typically it doesn't seem there is much to report and I hate to bore you with emails about nothing.

This time however, I do have a newsworthy bit of info for you. After much consideration I have decided to accept a position that was offered to me with a different company. In mid-February I will start as a foster care consultant at Adriel (www.adriel.org if you want to check them out). I will be working with them full time. I will continue to see my current clients at Directions a couple of Saturdays per month. It was an incredibly difficult decision to make, but hopefully it will be a good fit for me and will help to advance my career.

On another note: last night I finished a pretty good book- back to one of my favorites- Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware series continued with "The Web." I'd taken a little break from Mr. Kellerman, but decided it was time to visit once again with Alex and Robin in the 10th installment in the series. This was a weird, but good one. I recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! So happy you are moving ahead in your career and making strides in such a great direction! I think you will rock this job and folks will love you!!! No doubt about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Now to wrap up and make the transition!

      Delete