Thursday, February 17, 2011

myfitnesspal

Tug. Tug. Suck. Grumble. Squeeze. Zip. Sigh.

Sound familiar? It's the morning battle- struggling to fit into my clothes. I know I'm not the only one. I keep bargaining with myself- "I'll start fresh tomorrow...on Monday...when it gets nice outside." "I'll trade my calories for 2 snacks for this one cupcake." "I slept in today, so I can have a large brunch since I didn't have breakfast."

Enough is enough. Either I just give in and go buy the next size up or I get off my duff and do something about it. Hmm, sounds familiar- like something my husband might have said after a rant. (Not the get off your duff part, he was much too nice for that.) Since I refuse to give up the wardrobe of clothes I actually like (for once) I guess I better get myself in gear. And I did just read this book on running that was pretty motivational... And a couple of family members are having some great success. Procrastinating is fine when it comes to doing my homework, but not when it comes to how I feel about my body (yes, I am sometimes in the 80% of women who are dissatisfied with their bodies). It's time to stop blaming my job (all I do is sit there for 8-10 hours a day). It's time to put down the chocolate (*gasp* maybe not!). It's time to NOT bake cupcakes unless I have someone to give them ALL to so the leftovers aren't hanging around waiting to be eaten so they don't go to waste.

Yes, I have more reasons than just fitting into my clothes. I KNOW I feel better a few pounds lighter. I KNOW my cholesterol is lower when I'm not carrying around extra weight. I'm SURE it'll be better for my bum knee if it's not working harder than it needs to to support the rest of me. I HEAR you actually have more energy when you workout, but I can't remember. I HOPE maybe I'll sleep better too.

For those of you who care about such things:
  • No, I'm not on a diet.
  • Yes, I am watching what I eat- and more importantly, how much of it I eat.
  • Yes, I might possibly be a little bit crazy dragging myself out of bed an hour before I HAVE to be up so that I can get my workout done and out of the way.
  • Yes, I am having a hard time with it, but I'm only 3 days into my new resolved plan with better a better support system in place than on my last attempt and I hope it gets easier.
  • No, I'm not really giving up chocolate, but please don't tempt me with it. I already know Easter candy is hitting the stores and Easter does have the best candy. Mmmm....peeps....
  • Yes, I am on a mission to find a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's this year and I will do an extra workout (or 3) that week to make up for it.
  • Yes, I am interested in finding a workout buddy (but good luck coordinating schedules with me, sigh!)
  • Yes, I am testing out this cool food/exercise/weight tracking device at myfitnesspal.com. Ask me in a couple weeks how I like it.
  • No, I'm not going to start eating meat (ok, that has nothing to do with this blog, but it is a question I get from time to time.
  • Yes, checking in with my mama in the mornings when we've completed our workouts does seem to be helpful. Anyone else want in on the accountability program?
  • Yes, I do have a specific goal in mind.
  • No, I am not telling you. It's none of your business.
  • No, I don't want you to tell me that I don't need to lose weight or that I'm fine the way I am or that you'd love to be the size I am. So. Not. Helpful. I'm not trying to be a size 00 or even a size 0. Just more comfortable in the size of clothes I already own. So if you can't say something supportive don't say anything at all.
  • No, I don't feel the need to justify what I'm doing, but if I put it out there maybe it'll motivate me to actually do what I've told- well- the world (or the 2 people who read my blog) what I'm doing.
  • Yes, I know it will actually take a few months to reach my goal. Maybe by then the healthier eating habits will have become just that- habits.
  • Yes, I know myfitnesspal weight loss tracker shows I've lost 0 pounds. But it's got a cute little frog that'll hop along as I make progress!
  • Yes, this list is longer than I intended. *Shuffles off to find some carrots*


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

No comments:

Post a Comment