Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Book 2

"The reason some people use their genetic gift for running and others don't is because the brain is a bargain shopper."

Just finished "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall. I admit, I was skeptical when my brother-in-law handed the book to me to read. But merely pages in, I was hooked. Maybe it's because I like to think I'm still a runner (despite the reality of not having run consistently since I don't know when and not having laced up my running shoes in months period). Or maybe it's because it inspired me to find time to lace up my running shoes (or attempt this new barefoot thing). Or maybe it's just a good story- for runners and non-runners alike.

This book gets a CJAM rating of 18.2 (rating scale still in development).

No comments:

Post a Comment