Monday, February 7, 2011

Books

I like books. Reading books. Writing books (someday). Books books books.

While in graduate school, I collected books "to read later" when I had "free time" because during school I didn't have enough time to accomplish all of my required reading let alone anything else. Graduation came and went. And I had no desire to touch a book for about 8 months. Then slowly, but surely my desire to read came back. I devoured novels and the educational stuff sat on my shelf. Then I got my NOOK. Endless collections of e-books at my fingertips. And the stack of books on my shelf remained. Then I made a deal with myself. For every novel I read (real or NOOKbook) I have to also read an educational book. It's not like I don't like reading them, novels are just more fun.

Here's the latest book I've completed. Hopefully the first of many book blogs to come.

http://www.amazon.com/Dialectical-Behavior-Therapy-Clinicians-Guidebook/dp/0979021847/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1297107612&sr=1-1

2 comments:

  1. So what did you think of this book?? Helpful??? Useful for your position now???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was helpful. I actually already have used bits and pieces in therapy sessions. I'm hoping we can get a DBT group up and running here at work.

    ReplyDelete