Sunday, November 10, 2013

There's a chill in the air

And I'm getting in the holiday spirit! 

I'm already ridiculously excited about Christmas. I mean, really, ridiculously excited about Christmas. I like Christmas on the average year, but I feel a little over the top this year. I guess the Christmas spirit has really gotten its claws in me or something.

Maybe it's the anticipation for the much needed girls' trip. Or the planning for the foster family Christmas party. Or the office Secret Santa. Or the fact that Punky might actually be "in" to Christmas this year. 

Whatever the reason, I am ready! I have my Secret Santa all planned. I have my girls' trip present game present and holiday jammies purchased. I even have almost all my shopping done. Almost. Now I just have to wait until after Thanksgiving to let my red and green colors show! 

I do my best to not skip over what is an important holiday. Thanksgiving. Even though I do not eat turkey. Or stuffing. Or green bean casserole... I still like the tradition of getting together with family. It's kind of like a kick off to Christmas! 

I know by the time New Year's rolls around, I will be sick of family togetherness and holiday stress. But for now I am enjoying the anticipation of getting out my trees. And decorating my office. And watching Christmas movies. And baking (even if I can't eat) cookies. 

I don't know why my holiday spirit is on steroids this year. I'm just going to enjoy it as long as it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment