Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Do Over

It's official. I am asking for a do over for this week! Thursday late afternoon as I was running late to my last home visit of the day I got the call that no one wants. The "the-car-broke-down-and-I'm-stuck-by-the-side-of-the-road" call. So I cancelled the visit I was already late for and zipped across town to get my child from the sitter and then zipped back across town to pick up my stranded Huz.

Friday was relatively quiet, no news about the car. Saturday was date day for our anniversary. And Sunday we enjoyed some time at the campground with the parentals.

Then Monday happened. Babysitter overslept and I was nearly late for work. Then I hear some rumors flying around about said babysitter. Most of which I do not believe. An update on the car- going to be more than anticipated to repair. Finish up my work day and race across town to get my Punky and then my Huz and off we go to the bank. There it actually went smoothly. No issue with refinancing the loan to cover the cost of the repairs. A few extra dollars a month on the payment and an extra year and a half of payments, but no (additional) credit card debt. That night Punky decides she doesn't want to sleep. She finally settles down at 11...*YAWN!*

Tuesday. Stress and lack of sleep equal not feeling so hot in the morning. But off to work. Oh last minute schedule change because a kid gets to start visitation with his bio parent at the same time I am scheduled to meet with him at his foster home. Okay, a trip to the agency instead of the home. I can adapt. And help another of my foster parents who is picking up new foster kids just as I happen to walk in. Only nobody seems to know there are kids there waiting for a foster home. I help get that straightened out, but now I am running late again. Weave my way (safely) through traffic to pick up my child. This one car thing bites as I have to do all drop off and pick up duties.

Wednesday. Arrive at sitter's. More drama. Messy divorce. Ugliness. Not good. Go to work. Leave after a meeting to pick up Punky from a friend that the babysitter dropped her off with as she had emergency business to deal with regarding the aforementioned drama. Punky not at friend's yet. Friend's mother arrives. Friend's mother leaves and returns with friend's child and Punky. Take Punky home and put her down for a late nap. Begin work at home time.

The bright spot in this do over of a week was the completely unexpected care package from my Auntie! And even though 99% was for Punky, it still made my day and possibly my week!

Clothes, books, snacks, glow-in-the-dark toys, stickers, etc.! A fantastic little pick-me-up.

1 comment:

  1. Remember my cheer poem. And if necessary, I am available for most counsel.

    ReplyDelete