Sunday, June 23, 2013

Preview Day

I think the Huz and I got a small taste of what is in store of us. A glimpse of what is to come. A sneak preview of the terrible twos. 

Punky definitely has an independent streak. One in which SHE wants to choose which shoes she wears. And then take them off in the car. One in which she wants to take the pasta out of the lazy Susan even though she's been told three times to leave it alone. My little ODD (that's oppositional defiant disorder for you lay persons) wannabe looked me right in the eyes and said, "No!" when I told her to sit down in the couch. The same little girl who said yes she did need her diaper changed and the  proceeded to run away. 

Not to mention the "I'll do it myself" attitude when it comes to going up and down stairs, or putting on sunscreen.

And Miss I'm-getting-too-big-for-my-britches decided she's old enough to climb the ladder on the playset without a grown up standing by....

Miss I'll-talk-about-the-potty-all-day-but-I-won't-actually-GO-on-it. And I will ask for a "treat" after dinner, even if I didn't eat my dinner.

We just hit 19 months- and I hear sometimes three is worse than two. It's going to be a long couple years...


Looking all cute and innocent!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is absolutely no way that the Punskter gets her stubbornness from either of her parents. This is one of those "skipped a generation" kind of things for sure. Maybe you should train her like you would a cat or a puppy...with a squirt bottle. Goes for the pasta...squirt. Throws a tantrum...squirt. The climbing thing may be more complicated. You will get through this. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Don't give the Huz any ideas! She went into time out three times in a row for hitting me yesterday. She did not like it. She'd say sorry and give me a hug and then try smacking me again. The punk! After the third time, she got it. Phew! Most of the time she's a good kid, she was just having a day yesterday!

      Delete