Thursday, May 3, 2012

Taking my own advice

I don't know how many times I've encouraged clients to "get their feelings out" through talking with me and/or someone else, through journaling, through art, song, poetry, whatever. Keeping it all inside, stuffing it, ignoring it, denying it doesn't help. I haven't always followed my own advice, but I am trying to do so.

The last year has been full of exciting and stressful events. Pregnancy, buying a house, fixing it up, moving, having the baby, just to name some of the bigger things. And while it was all very exciting it was also very stressful. Raising a child while working is proving more difficult than anticipated. Add to that mix various illnesses and ongoing health conditions. Changes at work add to the pile of stress. It certainly hasn't been easy. Some days get the better of me. Days when, if it weren't for the huz's understanding and baby's smiles I'm not sure what I'd do. Days when I am frustrated to tears and see no end in sight. But talking through things is helping. Slowly. I think. The bad days still come too often, but I hope that they will bother me less and I'll learn how to live with all that life is throwing at me.

3 comments:

  1. You have had a lot of "life events" this past year when you add them all up, haven't you? It is all part of being the age that you are and I have no doubt that you are going to come through it with flying colors. Keep talking and writing and you will get through it. And you always have an auntie who is willing to listen! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Auntie.
      Some days truly are better than others and I know I need to focus on the good ones. It's hard with the bad days coming so frequently. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing the best I can, right? And hope someday soon modern medicine comes up with the answer!

      Delete
  2. I love you. Remember that I always have time to chat when you need it.

    ReplyDelete