Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Separate Vacations- Gasp!

In two weeks my husband (aka: the huz) will leave for a trip to California. Without me. Yeah, I know it's a guys only fishing trip and I'm not a guy. And I haven't really fished in years- something about becoming vegetarian made fishing seem wrong. But I could visit with the family that's out there...

I'm not sure when it happened, maybe during the process of attempting to go to school out there, but at some point I decided I really like California. It's one of the two places I'd willingly uproot myself to move (Hawaii is still my number one choice. Sorry Ohio, I wouldn't eve
n think twice if I had the opportunity to go). Something about the huz going while I'm stuck here (probably taking a canoe to work instead of my car) just doesn't seem fair. I know, I know, not all of California is sunny with palm trees. In fact, there is a good possibility that there will be snow on the ground when the guys get to the final fishing destination.

But I suppose the huz will have similar feelings of wanting to go a few weeks after his return when I escape with the girls to sunny Myrtle Beach for a few days.

Separate vacations! Gasp!
We consider ourselves lucky to be able to vacation at all this year- together or separately. And we're already tossing around ideas for next year's vacation together...

2 comments:

  1. Where are you guys staying in Myrtle?? I KNOW you will have a great time even if it is without the huz!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be staying at one of the Wyndham Resort locations. Ummmm- Ocean Boulevard. A friend's timeshare. Should be an excellent trip, I expect nothing less from the master planners in charge!

    ReplyDelete